Areas of Concentration
- Trial Work
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Securities Fraud Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Lender Liability Litigation
- Rico Litigation
- Oil and Gas
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Fraud Litigation
- Patents and Copyright Litigation
Michael is a senior trial attorney with an active Jury and non-Jury trial practice. He has been representing Defendants and Plaintiffs in Texas and throughout the United States for 40 years.
Michael Pezzulli is well known as the attorney to retain if your case needs to be tried to a verdict.
After having been selected in 1976 to be a Law Clerk to the Honorable John A. Field, Jr., Senior Circuit Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Michael Pezzulli was recruited at the conclusion of his clerkship to come to Dallas with one of Dallas’ premiere law firms.
In 1980 he opened his own litigation firm and has, for the last 40 years, concentrated on taking to trial virtually any matter that can be tried to a judge or a jury. He has extensive experience in banking litigation, securities litigation, RICO litigation, products liability litigation, prosecution of sexual abuse cases against a number of institutions, civil rights litigation, oil and gas litigation, patents and copyright litigation, and fraud litigation. Michael is an experienced trial attorney having represented clients in both federal and state courts as well as having represented clients in alternative dispute resolution forums including arbitrations and mediations.
Michael has tried cases throughout the United States before both State and Federal Courts. Some of his most significant case work includes:
- Representing numerous children abused by representatives of the Catholic Diocese of Dallas;
- Representing individuals injured by defective automobiles, drugs, and other products;
- Representing individuals whose civil rights, and even life, was taken by governmental agencies;
- Representing Banking institutions in Lender Liability suits;
- Representing and defending individuals accused of securities violations;
- Representing individuals in oil and gas fraud cases;
- Representing attorneys accused of malpractice or malfeasance.
Professional Activities and Memberships
For years 2003-2015, Michael has been named a Texas Super Lawyer, a Thomson Reuters service printed in Texas Monthly. Michael just completed a twelve year term as an examiner for the State Bar of Texas, Board of Legal Specialization, Civil Trial Examination.
He has been Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1986.
He is licensed to practice law in both Texas and West Virginia and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Fourth Circuits, United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas, the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, the Northern District of California, the United States Court of Claims and the United States Tax Court.
1976 – J.D., West Virginia University [Law Review-published 3 articles]
1973 – B.A., Political Science, West Virginia University [Magna Cum Laude]
He and his boys are avid sportsmen, hunting and fishing as the seasons permit.
Michael served on the Town Council of Fairview for eight years. He was a Major in The Civil Air Patrol and served as Squadron Commander for three years.